For a chance to win a free tub of Black Tac hoof and heel ointment, visit our Facebook page to participate in this month’s giveaway. https://www.facebook.com/finefettlefeed/
At this time of the year, muddy conditions can cause cracks and weeping sores to break out on horses’ heels and fetlock. Black Tac Heel & Hoof Care forms a protective barrier over the affected area helping it to dry out and heal. A compound of high quality natural ingredients, Black Tac is water soluble and safe to use on all skin lesions.
It’s easy to use and apply as follows:-
- Ensure hands are clean and dry before applying Black Tac, and you may prefer to use disposable gloves.
- Clean the affected area by wiping before applying Black Tac. (e.g. using paper towels)
- If you have to wash the affected area then allow it to dry thoroughly before applying the first layer of Black Tac.
- Do not wash in between applications but wipe clean and re-apply. Dispose of all wipes / paper towels hygienically.
- If you have to wash for any reason then follow 3 above.
- Apply twice daily when treating existing problems.
- For maintenance and prevention a daily application to frog and heels is recommended.
- In the colder months Black Tac can become very stiff – just bring into a warm room or stand in a bowl of warm water. (Do not allow any water to get into the ointment).